Blah Blah Blog

8.11.2007

Outsell Kanye or Quit Tryin'


There's hope. Heard 'em say on MSN:
"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums." -- 50 Cent
I need you right now... I beg all of you to help pull the plug on 50's career. Mr. West's Graduation can be pre-ordered on iTunes even as we speak. Or join me in line at Wal-Mart on 9/11 for the unleaded 'Ye. Just don't download, go out and buy the record.

What I'm trying to figure out is how this competition can end up being close? Is 50 even relevant to those who thought he at one point was relevant? Can hardcore steel-squeezers still respect the Culligan Man? 'Licia Keys better talk some sense in him.

On the flip-side, the SnyPod reminds me regularly that Kanye's the best thing going. You can't even tell MJ nothing. Throw in a collaboration a week and pandering to the internets crowd, and you figure West's popularity has dipped into fans of other genres. Sorry Mr. Jackson's gone.

Labels: ,


I still like Curtis for what he has going on with vitamin water, but all the 'Ye stuff I've heard thus far off Graduation is far supreme to the weak, tired beats and rhymes I've heard off of Curtis.

So, I will help Mr. West put Mr. Jackson out of the rap game.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Links